Speaker: David Warhurst
The RNCF was situated at Holton Heath alongside the railway and adjacent to the harbour via Rockley pier. This presentation details the history of the site through WW1 and WW2, an explosion killing 10 people and a model made of the site. Since closure in 1957, it was occupied by an establishment for material research for the Royal Navy until 1997. Many of the photographs were taken in 2015 when the site was opened to the public during Dorset Architectural Heritage Week.